Terms of service
Note: View our Code of Conduct for more information on in-game expectations
Deepworld is a real-time online multiplayer game for computers, mobile devices, and game consoles. Bytebin, LLC (“Bytebin”) provides Deepworld and all its associated services, including but not limited to the Software, the Servers, the Game Content, the User Content, and the Websites (as individually defined in this document, and collectively referred to herein as “Services”) to you under the terms described in this document (“Agreement” or “Terms of Service”). By using the Services, you agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement.
Bytebin reserves the right to amend or modify this Agreement at any time, with or without notice, with immediate and/or retroactive effect.
- “You” and “your” means the person accessing the Services.
- “Software” means the game client binary that must be downloaded to a computer, mobile device, or other gaming device in order to play Deepworld.
- “Servers” means the online platforms which contain the data for the Services and communicate with you via the game client and web browser. This definition includes, but is not limited to, the physical or virtual machines which provide computation necessary for the Services and which store electronic data pertaining to the Services.
- “Game Content” means any of the media content delivered to you within the Software, including but not limited to images, sound effects, video, text, photographs, animations, programmed behaviors, and interactive features, including that which is licensed by Bytebin from third parties, excepting User Content as defined below.
- “Game Assets” means any virtual items or resources that you accumulate during gameplay, as well as any structures or designs that you arrange through manipulation of the Game Content, including but not limited to virtual buildings and machines, that are stored on the Servers.
- “User Content” means any media which is uploaded or transmitted from you or from other users via the Software or the Websites. This includes but is not limited to text, artwork, photographs, video, or audio.
- “Websites” means the websites available from the domain and subdomains of http://deepworldgame.com and http://bytebin.com, including forums, and including any related domains from which Bytebin may offer products or services.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Bytebin provides, via the Services, an interactive virtual world and multiplayer game experience. Bytebin also provides user forums to facilitate discussion relating to the Services.
- Bytebin provides virtual tokens called “Crowns” which represent contractual permission from Bytebin to access certain features of the Services. Bytebin may provide Crowns to you, with or without fees, at its sole discretion. All permissions, features, and fees associated with Crowns are subject to change at any time, with or without warning. Crowns have no monetary value and are not redeemable for cash or any other form of currency at any time. Likewise, any Game Content or other Services that Bytebin provides through exchange of Crowns, or through any other means of purchase, including but not limited to in-game virtual items, resources, and private or protected in-game virtual space, have no monetary value and are not redeemable for cash or any other form of currency at any time.
- All aspects of the Services are subject to amendment, modification, and/or elimination at the sole discretion of Bytebin, with or without warning. Bytebin makes no guarantee, express or implied, that any aspect of the Services will remain available to you. By accepting this Agreement you acknowledge that you understand this risk and choose to participate in the Services with full knowledge thereof.
- You must be at least 13 years of age to access the Services. By accepting this Agreement, you represent that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are at least 13 years of age but less than 18 years of age, by accepting this Agreement you represent that you have permission from a parent or legal guardian to access the Services and to provide personally identifying information to Bytebin in connection with the Services, and that your parent or legal guardian has read this Agreement and accepted it on your behalf. BYTEBIN DOES NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13, DO NOT PROVIDE BYTEBIN WITH ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM USERS
- In order to access the Software and Game Content, you must set up and activate an Account. Bytebin will record and store a valid email address and IP address during this process. Players who purchase a Premium Account or any in-game currency or in-game goods and services must also provide their first and last name. All purchases are processed by third parties and Bytebin does not collect or store any financial information from you. Bytebin does record and store the number and type of purchases made by each user using the Software.
- When you set up an Account, you will be asked to provide your date of birth. Bytebin will use this birthdate to verify that you are old enough to use the Services. Bytebin will also record and store this information for internal demographic information, but this data will not be associated with your Account. Bytebin cannot associate recorded birthdates with individual Accounts.
- When you access the Software and Game Content, Bytebin records and electronically stores all text chats and in-game actions, including but not limited to blocks mined, items crafted, and the state of your in-game inventory. Bytebin also records the time and length of each play session, defined as the period between when you connect the Software to the Servers and when you leave the game and disconnect the Software from the Servers.
- Deepworld is a game in which players may alter the environment at will. This includes but is not limited to moving, changing, or destroying blocks in the world and crafting in-game items. Bytebin records every change to the virtual arrangement of the Game Content that you perform and stores this information.
- Bytebin does not share any of the information described in sections 4a, 4b, and 4c with any third parties.
- The information described in section 4d, along with any in-game player chats, forum posts, or any other form of communication between players via the Services, is by its nature visible and available at the time of its inception and afterward to other players using the Services. Bytebin does not and cannot prevent its users from collecting and/or storing this information of their own accord.
- All Software, Game Content, and Websites are owned by Bytebin except where explicitly noted otherwise. This includes but is not limited to source code for the client and server, executable binaries, website designs, artwork, music, sound effects, character designs, animations, characters and character names, locations and location names, structural or landscape designs, stories, dialogue, and text. All content on the Websites is owned by Bytebin with the exception of User Content uploaded or transmitted via the forums.
- You agree that the Game Assets are accumulated as part of your game experience and that you have no ownership or property interest in any of the Game Assets. You agree to waive any ownership or copyright of any design or pattern that you arrange using Game Assets during gameplay. Game Assets have no monetary value and may not be exchanged for cash or any form of currency at any time. Bytebin reserves the right to modify or eliminate any Game Assets at any time, with or without warning, at its sole discretion.
- You retain ownership of any intellectual property owned by you that you upload or transmit via the Services as part of the User Content. This does not include any Game Assets or anything you arrange using Game Content during gameplay as noted above. You represent that you own the intellectual property rights to any content you upload or transmit via the Services, or that you have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to upload or transmit this content.
- You agree that by uploading, transmitting, or arranging through Game Content any content through the Services, you hereby automatically grant Bytebin a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and display the content solely for the purposes of providing and promoting the Services.
- By using the Services you agree to abide by certain rules of conduct. Bytebin reserves the right to supend, cancel, or otherwise limit or refuse access to the Services to you if Bytebin determines that you have violated these rules of conduct.
You agree that you will not:
- Upload or transmit through the Services, or arrange through Game Content, any content that violates any law, or the rights of any third party.
- Engage in harassment, stalking, or threats of violence against other users.
- Upload, transmit, or arrange through Game Content any material that is of a graphic sexual nature, or intensely violent nature, or that is obscene.
- Upload, transmit, or arrange through Game Content any material that is racist, homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic, disablist, or otherwise hateful toward minorities or other groups.
- Upload or transmit malware, or any software or programming routines that could harm the Services or its users.
- Violate another user’s privacy.
- Any violation of these terms may lead to immediate suspension or termination of your Account, with or without notice, with no refund or other compensation, at Bytebin’s sole discretion.
SUSPENSION OR CANCELLATION OF ACCOUNTS
- You may terminate this Agreement by cancelling your Account or Accounts at any time. In such an event, Bytebin will have no liability or further obligation to you, and you shall be not be entitled to any compensation, reimbursement or refund. Upon cancellation you will no longer be able to access the Services, any of the Game Assets you have accumulated during play, or any User Content you have uploaded or transmitted. By accepting this Agreement you acknowledge that you understand this risk and choose to participate in the Services with full knowledge thereof.
- Bytebin reserves the right to suspend or cancel your account at any time, with or without warning, at its sole discretion, for reasons including but not limited to violation of this Agreement, failure to abide by the standards of User Conduct described in Section 6, and a general termination or discontinuation of the Services.
- You agree not to hold Bytebin accountable for the actions, communications, and/or inactions of other users. As a condition of access to the Services, you release Bytebin (and its officers, directors, shareholders, agents, subsidiaries, and employees) from claims, demands, losses, liabilities and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute you have or claim to have with one or more users, including whether or not Bytebin becomes involved in any resolution or attempted resolution of the dispute.
- THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL BYTEBIN BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION), HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THESE SERVICES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between you and Bytebin concerning use of the Services, and it supersedes all other agreements, proposals, and representations, whether stated orally or in writing.
Usage of Deepworld Brand
You are allowed to record footage of Deepworld gameplay and upload it to YouTube or any web video service, provided that the game is properly credited as Deepworld and acknowledged as a Bytebin product.
You are allowed to copy and distribute the Deepworld logo and any promotional artwork that Bytebin has made available, provided that it is properly credited to Bytebin.
You are allowed to make money off of Deepworld reviews, recordings, “Let’s Play” videos or other uses of Deepworld artwork, screenshots and video, provided that:
- You have added some original content of your own, e.g. audio commentary, and are not simply presenting our game content as-is
- You do not present yourself or your content as officially affiliated with Bytebin, nor endorsed or approved by Bytebin
- You comply with all of the Terms of Service detailed above
- You are not doing anything unlawful, fraudulent, or harmful with your content
These terms are subject to change at any time, with or without notice to you. If any usage of the Deepworld brand and assets is not explicitly covered in these terms, Bytebin does not grant you permission to do it. Requests for permission to make use of Deepworld content outside of these guidelines may be directed to email@example.com.